Allen Tel hinged wall mount bracket screws

I ran into a wall mount rack/bracket made by Allen Tel. The model is AT55HM-10, and I was asked to replace the small wire management with something a bit bigger, easy enough. The problem I have encountered was that the original wire manager was held in by wire-ties, and when I attempted to use normal rack screws, I encountered that they are too big for Allen Tel!

Years ago I remember hoarding the smaller rack screws when I ran into them, but eight years of almost exclusive carrier contract work has completely depleted my stash to coworkers/ex-coworkers and I probably haven't needed one in about five years. I figure before the weekend is over I might head to Lowe's/Home Depot and see what I can find. Anyone know of the specs for the screws on these Allen Tel hinged wall mount brackets?

TIA

Reply to
No email please!
Loading thread data ...

Rack screws typically come in 12-24 thread, but I seem to remember some that used 10-32. It's possible your rack has 10-32 tapped holes and the screws you've got are 12-24.

Reply to
news

All the Chatsworth open racks use the 12-24 rack screws, which are hard to find even in hardware stores. But they come with a bag of them, which is usually enough with a few left over. They don't have threads on the end for a fraction of an inch, so they're easier to get started with heavy equipment.

The old standard RETMA rack screws are 10-32 by maybe a half inch or

3/4" long. But newer racks come with those cheap clip-on nuts that have a thread something like a sheet metal screw. And then there are the racks from foreign countries that use metric screws. I'm not sure what size they are.
Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.