Would I notice going from 10 to 100, and half duplex to full?

I'm on Cox cable, with 4000/512 speed. I'm currently using the original Toshiba PCX2200 that I got from Cox back in 2002. It's spec is 10Base-T, half duplex, for the ethernet connection. I don't use a router.

Circuit City has the Motorola SB5120 on sale for $40 after rebates (no activation required), and I've been thinking about getting one. I understand the Moto would let me do 100 mbps at full duplex, but I wonder at my current speed limits whether I would notice that change.

Reply to
Peabody
Loading thread data ...

No, normal cable is not more than 10mbps. Yes, if you use it as a router to multiple machines. If you have a router already then the extra money will not buy you anything but maybe less agravation, you are having troubles now, that is why you are asking, right? If it is just for the speed, do not buy it.

Reply to
f/fgeorge

You may notice a bit of a difference going to full duplex, but not much. However, the Moto is a DOCSIS 2.0 device, and the PCX2200 is a

1.1, so there may be some advantages down the road.
Reply to
Eric

First

Then

f/fgeorge wrote:

??????

Reply to
Henry

Guess I missed that huh?

Reply to
f/fgeorge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.