Comcast will sell your personal information

General Warning

Comcast is engaged in providing personal information for the purpose of profit. Your security is of no concern to Comcast. Use Comcast VOIP at your own risk. Use Comcast HSI at risk to the security of your data.

BE forwarned

Reply to
HappyGuy
Loading thread data ...

| General Warning | | Comcast is engaged in providing personal information for the | purpose of profit. Your security is of no concern to Comcast. Use | Comcast VOIP at your own risk. Use Comcast HSI at risk to the security | of your data. | | BE forwarned

Like ANY company, you must notify Comcast that you have a right to privacy and that any/all personal information can not be used for marketing nor provided to third parties not directly connected with the account maintenance.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

that any/all

Should be the reverse of that. They shouldn't have the right without your permission. It's totally unprofessional and immoral.

Reply to
$Bill

| | Should be the reverse of that. They shouldn't have the right without | your permission. It's totally unprofessional and immoral.

Aye -- However... it's a fact of life :-(

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Uh?? Going on 4 weeks with Comcast "VOIP". Only thing closest to a telemarketing call so far was ATT asking why they got dumped.

Reply to
Justice Gustine

What does selling your information have to do with telemarketing ? Of course, that could be one, but only one, usage for that info.

Reply to
$Bill

Telemarketing is all some people know about "personal information" and those types are the first to suffer from spam and identity theft. Furthermore, Comcast doesn't have to sell it to "lose" it. Information can be "shared" with business "partners", unscrupulous employees with d.b. access can sell it (as happened at AOL), and hackers can steal it (who would know and and who could trace it?). And all the time the telephone drones will assure you - because they've been trained to assure you - that your information is safe with them. Hah! My policy is to release only information necessary to do the transaction, even if it means giving false information. Comcast does not get my SSN. It gets a deposit, refundable when I close the account. Radio Shack does not get my real telephone no. or real address - it gets fake info. Even addresses for UPS delivery are altered so that I can see where junk mailers get my address from. How? I add a fake apartment no. to the street address. You'd be amazed how much junk mail comes due to addresses you gave to government agencies and loan companies. Those on-line debt consolidation and loan shopping companies that ask for all your financial details? Forget it! If all you're afraid of is telemarketers, you're bound to be a victim of information "leakage".

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.