Swann Night Hawk security camera?

Hi,

Is anybody here familiar with the Swann Night Hawk wireless infrared security camera?

It's sold at Radio Shack, on Ebay and elsewhere. Here's a link that providesa lot of info including the technical specifications.

formatting link
I read the owner's manual and also found some reviews. If I buy one, I will install it outside by my front door. The receiver will be hooked up to a B&W Sony SSM930 monitor (if I can use a B&W monitor with this camera and receiver). And there will be less that 10ft separating the camera and receiver.

I have 2 questions.

Question 1 - This is a color camera. Will it work with a B&W monitor both day and night, ie. with natural daylight and infrared at night? I don't care about the lack of color. I just need to know if I the B&W monitor will handle the signal during the daytime using only daylight? I assume nighttime images utilizing the infrared light would be B&W. Is this correct?

The owners manual suggests the system be set up with a "clear line of sight" from the camera to the receiver for optimum results. Well, there is no line of sight through a wooden door.

And some of the people who owned these complained about poor reception due to the lack of a "sight line" between camera and receiver. None of them mentioned the distance between the camera and receiver, however.

Question 2 - The signal will have to be transmitted 7-10ft and pass through a 2" thick wooden door. Does this mean the camera and receiver will not work for me?

Maybe I should just go wired. I'm not sure. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sammy

Reply to
sammy
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Unless this is just for kicks the quality of the images from those cheap cameras is really poor and practically useless for any sort of security application.

Reply to
George

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.