why internet in USA is that expensive compare to france ?

hi, i don't understand i thought that usa would be more in advance concerning internet connection !!! for instance :

- free.fr (isp) : =80 29,99 for 20 Mbit/s (month to month)

- neuf.fr (isp) : =80 14.90 for 20 Mbit/s (month to month)

- wanadoo.fr isp) : =80 34.90 for 20 Mbit/s

Is someone could tell me ? Thanks wil

Reply to
willychataigner
Loading thread data ...

The regulatory, ownership, taxation, subsidization, etc... policies of the countries are vastly different.

Reply to
David Ross

So are the politics and related political contributons. The word that comes to mind....monopoly.

Reply to
burris

Not to mention hardware. I was just under 12,000' (3658 meters) on copper wire from central office and the best I could get for adsl was 1500/384 kbit/s. I am in the process of getting moved to a closer remote terminal where I will be able to get faster speed (temporarly on dialup until completed).

Reply to
David Efflandt

It's called corporate corruption and manipulation. The FCC and the politicans have been bought and paid for by the corporations.

Try this link first -

formatting link
and if the above article doesn't make you throw up, the following one probably will -

formatting link
If you are still not convinced as to what is really going on in this country, try this link -

formatting link

Reply to
Tom B

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.