IPAQ2200 WiFi Adaptor

Hi I have been using my HP IPAQ with CF wi fi adaptors . The system works well but I have had 3 adaptors fail. The first 2 were cheap ones, but the last to fail was a D-Link at twice the price of the others. Ebuyer has changed the under warranty but I suspect I may have a fault on the pocket PC. Has anyone any thoughts on why this is happening Regards Brian

Reply to
ntl
Loading thread data ...

I had 2 D-link DCF 660w CF adapters fail, no fault of D-Link except for the fact they aren't very robust. The part that slides into the slot is as thin as a CF card and flexible, unfortunately the circuit board is not.

I now use a Belkin f5d 6060 with no problems except the earphone socket is not easily accessible due to the width of the card. The Belkin card is actually a little thicker and does not bend like the D-Link one. As a side note the Belkin works perfectly with Linux using a PCMCIA - CF adapter on my laptop.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.