FCC Questions

I have seen links here for the FCC test information on various radios, but when I search for a radio and find it's information page I cannot seem to download the test information. What am I missing? I can get to the listing of the radio along with a list of it's test information, but their are no active links to download that information. I tried emailing them and inquiring on their web page, but they do not answer. Tried enabling javascript and cookies, still cannot get a download link.

Are suppliers required to give FCC ID numbers in reply to customers requests?

Reply to
eddiegolightly
Loading thread data ...

I have had this happen to me, usually after saving a bookmark into one of the links from a previous successful search. Try clearing the cache in your browser, and begin a new search from one of the top level forms.

formatting link

Reply to
dold

eddiegolightly hath wroth:

That happens all too often. On just about every weekend, some part of the FCC ID database goes insane. It invariably gets fixed Monday morning. Usually it's the search engine that can't find anything. Sometimes it's the SQL database that organizes the documents. The symptom sounds like what you're experiencing. When it happens to me, the download starts and my browser loads Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat is stupid and insists that the entire file be finished before displaying when downloading from an SSL secured web pile. If the document hangs, so does Acrobat. Once this happens, the browser web cache is trashed and must be cleared to get a successful display. I'm currently using Foxit PDF viewer as an Acrobat replacement and haven't had any such problems for a while. However, I can't tell for sure if the FCC fixed their end, or Foxit fixed my end.

No. The rules are vague on what constitutes customer notification. The rules only require that the manufacturer attach the FCC ID certification number to their products. No pre-sales disclosure is mentioned or apparently required.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:37:54 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote in :

It's a simple matter to save the PDF file to disk before viewing with Acrobat, rather than trying to view it online.

Reply to
John Navas

If you use Firefox there's a plug-in called "PDF download" that lets you chose whether to view or to download to disk. Works great.

formatting link

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:41:53 -0400, "Bill Kearney" wrote in :

A great strength of Mozilla Firefox is the wealth of terrific Extensions available. Some of my favorites:

• Autofill
  • Clone Window
  • Forecastfox
  • Google Send to Phone
  • IE View
  • PlainOldFavorites
  • Resize Search Box
Reply to
John Navas

You're right Jeff. It's a problem with their servers or their web page design or both.

I noticed everyone ignored my second question, wonder why ;-)

Do dealers have to supply FCC ID number if requested by prospective buyer?

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
eddiegolightly

I didn't ignore it. However, I also didn't supply much of an answer.

The only part of this that I know is required is that the manufacturer must display the ID number on the outside of the product. My skimming of the FCC rules-n-regs says nothing about hiding the number inside the packaging, or any responsibility on the part of the dealer.

Dunno.

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.