Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ad hoc or infrastructure mode for best connectivity
I have a simple home wireless network. I have dsl internet that runs from my cable modem to my linksys wifi router that is wired to my desktop. I have one laptop that I connect directly. It's 802.11g...

New and used Equipment for Sale
Carrier Class and WiFi wireless equipment. Parabolic, omni, panel, and sector Antennas 802.11a/b/g Access points, client systems, and point to point links Frequency agile Access points, client...

I need pointed in the right direction.
I live in a very rural part of Ohio. I am trying to link my two buildings together wirelessly. Here is what we have. We have a grain leg (Tower) that has a wireless antenna on it that we recieve our...

NEWS: ISP blows the whistle on router chip 'fault' [ADSL]
: One of the UK's best-respected broadband providers has raised concerns about the reliability of the world's most popular ADSL chip. Zen Internet has uncovered a potential problem with the Texas...

Wireless Range Extender - Open Network
Apologies if this has already been asked, i've had a search about, but found nothing conclusive. I live on a boat, and in the marina there is an open network available for free to those who berth...

N at 54 mbps
My notebook with an Intel 4965AGN supports WPA2 but my Belkin F5D8230-4 router doesn't and as I've read is why I get only 54 mbps. Out of curiosity I temporarily disabled security settings but got...

Buffalo Enjoined from Selling Wi-Fi Gear in Patent Suit Injunction from June 07
This may be dated but it's the first I've seen on the subject June 20, 2007 Buffalo Enjoined from Selling Wi-Fi Gear in Patent Suit Injunction By Glenn Fleishman A judge in Texas may have overstepped...

logging traffic from router running DD-WRT
I have a WHR-G54S running v24 beta. We will have a few visitors (family) that will be bringing notebooks. I want to avoid p2p issues so I have experimented with the p2p filtering which seems to work...

Wireless problem - cannot acces web page
Hi to all ! I have one problem. I use wireless internet and cannot access to my web page. With other web pages I don't have problems. Just with that one, and that one is my home page, I don't know how...

Password prevents acquiring network address
Runnin two Dell laptops with Belkin wireless router. Has operated perfectly for last 18 months, but now has become necessary to secure with password. Problem is as once I have set password all seems...

WRT54G HTTP Returns "Undefined"
Whenever I access the Config->Management page and select "Save Settings", I get a web page (named http://192.168.1.1/ just says "Undefined". Sometimes the settings I changed (such as password) don't...

dd-wrt Not Forwarding Ports
I have a Buffalo router flashed with DD-WRT 2.4b. It's not forwarding port ranges at all. There's no static IP set up for my laptop because a) I couldn't get that to work, either, and b) I've never...

Radius Server
Hi, I would like to experiment ( and learn ) using a Radius running on PC. I would be most grateful if anyone can suggest where I can download a free version of radius to run a windows xp platform....

Help Test Auction App-Win HTC Phone
Hope it?s ok to post this here. Zuujit is holding a beta test for Zuujit Mobile 'Join the Zuujit Mobile Free Beta Test' ( This software turns your smart phone into a powerful, all-in-one eBay listing...

media state: disconnected. Guru needed!!
It's been 2 days since I have been able to connect wirelessly and I have exhausted every possible fix I could find. It's time for me to post and try to find a networking super-sleuth. Here's the...