Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Actiontec WI424 misconfigured
I have Verizon FiOS with an Actiontec WI424 Wifi Router/Switch. It was working well until I tried to get cute. The installer technition set things up with the router IP of 192.168.1.1 and DHCP to...

Belkin Wireless G Router Help
I have just bought a laptop, so I bought this belkin wireless router, all reviews said plug in, run disk and it`s up, not for me. Following the instructions it was all set up correctly, but the power...

Use a wireless router as a repeater?
I am moving into a new house I built next week. I currently have a Netgear wireless router that I use with my cable service. In the new house I am getting FIOS from Verizon and they provide a wireless...

Bypass MAC filtering? My Fault
I don't high speed internet right now. I have dial up. So I was using my neighbors router for high speed with my wireless USB adapter. (NETGEAR MA11 Version 1) I went into router config and enabled...

RSSI list
I need an access point capable of provide a list of all wifi adapter and their RSSI values. Actually my AP only provide RSSI of connected adapter. Can someone help me? tnx! Sorry for bad english...

Looking for solution
Hi all, I'm trying to find a way to make my laptop connect automatically to every wireless network available (preferred by signal of course). In Windows XP you have the option "Automatically connect...

The freeware latest version WiFi-Owl™ 3.0
Wifi-Owl - Wireless Security Audit - PCI DSS WiFi-Owl? is now available on the site for free. The freeware latest version WiFi-Owl? 3.0 can help you to get awesome reports for Security Audits and...

how to Converter DVD to iPhone
1.Download the latest version 'Popular softwares online' ( ,and install it. You can know more about it by referring here. [image: the DVD you'd like to convert to your computer's DVD drive. [image:...

Advice on building high-power rural wifi access point
Hello, I'm visiting my parents who live in the middle of nowhere. When I was still living with them I convinced them to buy a Hughes internet satellite dish, which provides them with some high latency...

Recommend me an outdoor AP
Could anyone recommend me an outdoor AP? I need: - to connect 8 computers. - affordable but reliable. Thx b4. ------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

Can get on web but cannot get email
I am using a dlink router dl614+. I can access the web both wired and wireless but cannot receive email on two of my three computers. The only computer that can still get email is wired. Is the router...

How would you guys handle this?
You really should consider hiring a firm that specializes in this. This does not sound like a job for a beginner.

Linksys WRT350N but not at router
I bought a WRT350N to use as access point, Storage Link and hub, but not as router... so how do I get though the setup and tell the box to behave and e.g. not to steal the DHCP etc? Rgds Martin

Intermittent Wireless
I have a bridge. The receiving end is has a network hardwired to it and everything works fine at that end. At the sending end, I use my laptop with the wireless. And I always have "excellent"...

PC Card, how to fit two together?
I can insert two pc-cards into my lap-top Dell Inspiron 8200. I have a wireless Netgear pc card in one slot. I want to install another one with two USB ports. The problem is that they won't fit...