DFL-200 ROUTER-TO-ROUTE file share issues

I have two locations connected to each other, both sites using the DFL-200 with VPN setup router-to-router. At location (A) i have a folder shared as documents. When i try and access that share from location (B) i get an error that location can't be found. I can ping the local IP addresses back and fourth, can't access the share using ip address or name. Both sites are using windows XP pro. All Pc's are on the same workgroup and all using the same user names. Can someone help? why can't i see the shares? Thanks!

Reply to
accordstyle332
Loading thread data ...

Figured it out today: I Disabled the windows firewall and tried again..IT WORKED! I re-enabled it and failed again If you go into the windows firewall and double click on "FILE AND PRINTER SHARING" it wil bring up a screen that says that says EDIT SERVICE with TCP AND UDP ports listed with a scope column to the right. If you highlight each line and click on change scope you will see a selection for ANY COMPUTER. IT WORKED, hope this helps someone!

Reply to
accordstyle332

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.