[Telecom] Re: The FCC's Reassigned Number Database

On December 12, 2018, the Federal Communications Commission ("FCC")

> adopted a new rule to establish a reassigned number database. The > database is intended to both enable callers to verify the status of > phone numbers and help prevent consumers with reassigned numbers > from receiving unsolicited telephone calls.

I really don't think this will do much. The calls I get "from social security about my account being suspended" or "from the Visa/Mastercard alert system" are not calls from reassigned numbers (and I've had this number for more than 20 years). They are spoofed fraud calls. I think the solution here is call tracibility and prosecution of those making the calls (based on identification through the tracibility). Further, carriers should not accept or pass along calls from providers who do not have the "originating number" assigned to them (though, I suppose that's a problem if the call goes through several carriers).

Harold

Reply to
Harold Hallikainen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.