Re: [Telecom] When the Bullies Turned Faceless

>

> >The third thing that bullies do is choose victims that they perceive to > >have no effective means of retaliation. A favorite tactic is to torment > >the victim into lashing out visibly, but ineffectively; so that the victim > >gets punished for...you guessed it, "bullying". > > > >Recent events have shown that these perceptions can be tragically wrong if > >their tormented victim chooses a form of suicide that includes mass (and > >indiscriminate) retaliation. > > > >Sadly, both parents and schools are inadequately attentive to the problem; > >they sometimes even act as enablers. Nor is it specific to the USA; in > >fact, it is much worst in countries (such as Japan) where intense > >competition begins at primary school. > > This is true. > > But often, simply standing up to them is enough to end it. > Nine out of ten will back down if they think they are really going to > have to fight you. The tenth one is a chance you have to take unless > you are content to be bullied. > > Other times, it is much more serious. >

I remember in 3rd grade there was a kid who used to bug the hell out of me, try to start fights, etc.

One day after school I cornered him, grabbed him by the neck and started slamming his head against a brick wall.

He survived but never bothered me again. Nor did anyone else. Sometimes you have to set the expectations first.

***** Moderator's Note *****

On that note, I'll close the "Bullies" thread.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.