Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The iPhone 4S, HSPA+, and When HSPA+ is Real 4G [telecom]
The iPhone 4S, HSPA+, and When HSPA+ is Real 4G by Brian Klug 10/9/2011 A while after the iPhone 4S announcement, I posted a piece on the iPhone 4S' cellular architecture and talked about the new...

Early Orders Test iPhone 4S Appeal [telecom]
Early Orders Test iPhone 4S Appeal By GEOFFREY A. FOWLER And IAN SHERR OCTOBER 8, 2011 Apple Inc. on Friday faced its first test since the death of co-founder Steve Jobs as it began accepting...

Steve Jobs - AllThingsD [telecom]
(This site includes material from various authors - Moderator) Trending - Remembering Steve Jobs, Apple's iconic leader Steve Jobs Full Coverage - AllThingsD Steve Jobs - AllThingsD

The Steve Jobs I Knew [telecom]
The Steve Jobs I Knew Walt Mossberg OCTOBER 5, 2011 That Steve Jobs was a genius, a giant influence on multiple industries and billions of lives, has been written many times since he retired as...

Re: The appeal of the iPhone and other smartphones [telecom]
It's not just Apple's PR that's appealing to people to put multi-use devices in their pockets. The Android camp is doing the same thing. As with anything even a regular plain ol' cellphone you have to...

CTIA reacts to proposed USF changes [telecom]
WASHINGTON, Oct. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- After FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski delivered a speech today announcing proposed reforms of the Universal Service Fund and the Intercarrier...

FCC Chairman announces reforms to USF [telecom]
FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski delivered remarks on proposed reforms to the Universal Service Fund (USF) and Intercarrier Compensation (ICC) system. Modernizing USF and ICC is critical to connecting...

CenturyLink and Minnesota PUC fight over OSS [telecom]
I came across this at a website for the Minnesota PUC headlined "Decisions - August 11, 2011". **11 P5340,5643,5323, 5981,438,465, 5986,421/C-11-684 Joint CLECs; Qwest; CenturyLink Qwest/CenturyLink...

Bank of America web site disrupted by heavy traffic, new system [telecom]
Heavy Traffic and New Computer System Disrupted Web Site, Bank of America Says By NELSON D. SCHWARTZ October 5, 2011 After nearly a week of interruptions and slowdowns that made its Web site...

Steve Jobs: Imitated, Never Duplicated [telecom]
Steve Jobs: Imitated, Never Duplicated David Pogue OCTOBER 6, 2011 Wednesday evening, Apple broke the news that Steve Jobs had died. Since that moment, tributes, eulogies and retrospectives have...

Centurylink ISDN? [telecom]
This week, I called Centurylink [to find out about getting ISDN service for a customer I know]. When I reached their business office and asked who I needed to call to find out about ISDN services,...

Re: Curbside (but not subway) phones bought by Titan [telecom]
I recently noticed that there are no more Verizon curbside pay phones in NYC. Apparently an advertising company called Titan bought them a year ago, and took them over in the spring. This affected 30%...

Steven Paul Jobs, 1955-2011 [telecom]
Apple Media Advisory by Apple's Board of Directors Co-Founder Steve Jobs Is Dead Media, Computers, Gadgets World Reacts Jobs, Apple's Visionary, Dies at 56 Co-Founder Had Waged Public Battle With...

Apple Special Event October 2011 [telecom]
Apple Special Event October 4, 2011 Watch streaming video from today's special event. Streaming video requires Safari 4 or 5 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Lion, Safari on iOS 3 or later, or QuickTime 7...

DOJ Document Shows How Long Telcos Hold Onto Your Data [telecom]
This is from techdirt: With the Justice Department believing that it can get all sorts of data from telcos without any oversight or without a warrant, it seems rather important to know what kind of...