Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Centurylink Pro & Con [telecom]
(Glassdoor is a site for anonymous postings, which it claims are from the employees of the companies involved. I cannot verify if this is from a CenturyLink employee - moderator.) Full Disclosure - I...

Verizon Making Big LTE Push This Year [telecom]
Verizon Making Big LTE Push This Year Forbes Online by Trefis Team, Contributor Verizon may have been the first to launch its 4G LTE network more than a year ago, but customers have yet to take to the...

LightSquared Vows to Replace CEO, Find 'Solutions' to Regulatory Issues [telecom]
LightSquared Vows to Replace CEO, Find 'Solutions' to Regulatory Issues Bloomberg BNA By Paul Barbagallo Amid increasing regulatory uncertainty, LightSquared is now faced with the task of finding a...

I'm looking for telephone museums in the Carolinas and Tennessee [telecom]
I'll be flying into Charlotte, NC on March 22: I and my wife will be looking for homes in the Carolinas and Tennessee. In case of rainy days or other unexpected events, I'd like to know if there are...

Crossbar exchange in Kaliningrad [telecom]
Some pictures of a Soviet-era crossbar telephone exchange. ***** Moderator's Note ***** According to Wikipedia, Kaliningrad is a Russian enclave, between Poland and Lithuania on the Baltic Sea. Bill...

[telecom] More on ACTA
The European Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) is now running into some late opposition much as its US counterparts SOPA and PIPA did earlier: Cheers, -- tlvp

LightSquared Seeks Stay From FCC [telecom]
LightSquared Seeks Stay From FCC Feb 27 2012 | 1:40pm ET Grasping at straws and perhaps merely postponing the inevitable, Harbinger Capital Management's wireless Internet venture has asked the Federal...

Re: Schneier: government, big data pose bigger 'Net threat than criminals [telecom]
I've been saying for years that my son and others of his generation didn't realize what they were giving up by using Instant Messenger and its follow-on products. They gave up the last vestige of...

FBI turns off 3,000 GPS trackers after Supreme Court ruling [telecom]
FBI turns off 3,000 GPS trackers after Supreme Court ruling By Sean Gallagher Andrew Weissmann, general counsel for the FBI, has announced that his agency is switching off thousands of Global...

[telecom] GPS jammers and spoofers threaten infrastructure, say researchers
GPS jammers and spoofers threaten infrastructure, say researchers By Sean Gallaghe During the GNSS Vulnerability 2012 event at the UK's National Physical Laboratory on Wednesday, experts discussed the...

NYT commentary: Bell Labs as compared to innovation today [telecom]
The New York Times had a commentary piece on 2/26/2012 on the many accomplishments of Bell Laboratories and how their methods could help inspire and improve innovation today. He does a comparitive...

[telecom] iPhone User Awarded $850 In AT&T Data-Throttling Case
Matt Spaccarelli, iPhone User, Awarded $850 In AT&T Data-Throttling Case GREG RISLING and PETER SVENSSON 02/24/12 SIMI VALLEY, Calif. - When AT&T started slowing down the data service for his iPhone,...

[telecom] German iPhone users can no longer use iCloud's push e-mail-for now
German iPhone users can no longer use iCloud's push e-mail-for now By Chris Foresman Apple has been forced to disable push e-mail delivery for iCloud and MobileMe users in Germany this week. The move...

Is Throttling Smartphones Pointless? [telecom]
Is Throttling Smartphones Pointless? Study Suggests So By BRIAN X. CHEN February 23, 2012 AT&T, Verizon Wireless and T-Mobile USA all practice data throttling, which involves slowing Internet transfer...

[telecom] Monitoring Your Health With Mobile Devices
Monitoring Your Health With Mobile Devices By PETER WAYNER February 22, 2012 Dr. Eric Topol is only half joking when he says the smartphone is the future of medicine - because most of his patients...