Vacuflo (vent)

Central Vac can be time-consuming, but it's not difficult. You'll get quicker as you do it more, and you become more efficient. The bits are expensive, and you'll quickly learn where best not to drill to avoid nails. (I sharpen my own, and still have the original bits I bought in 1987.) As far as profit goes, you won't make much subbing for someone else unless you get them to pay you what you're worth. Why not just go out after your own work? I have done some subcontracting for different alarmcos, and found that I did the work, while they made the profit. No thanks.

It's a natural add-on, and builders like one-stop shopping. js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

You'll never make any money subbing especially if it's a pre-plumb vac job. Whomever you're subbing for *may* make some money - but not likely. I've never, nor will I ever do a pre-plumb for vac. Why?.. so someone else can slap a motor and a few inlets in in an hour while I bust my butt for 7-10 hrs to ruff it...f'no!.

I'm doing a rough in tomorrow for a full install 6 inlets...and I'll make a nice profit...even having to pay a helper dood.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

The co. I sub to has now decided that their installers must add vacuflo with all rough-ins, on top of structured wire, alarm and audio.

I did my first today. Its a time consuming task. . Not to mention all the extra gear I need to carry in my already overloaded van, the glue spewing down my arm, and the 50 dollar auger bits. The bottom line is theres very little money in it, having made just 20 bucks for an extra 2 hrs work to do three runs.

I cant figure out what a high-tech, structured wire/audio/alarm/automation, company is doing in the vac business?

Does anyone have any positive vacuflo stories?

Reply to
JOhn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.