Revere 44 Watt Siren

This used to be my goto when an extra loud siren was needed for an application. Very noticeably louder than the 30 watt sirens everybody else makes. I was told earlier this week that Revere no longer makes it. What is a good alternative?

Bob La Londe

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I think they are doing a 38 watt. Every little bit helps.

Bob W.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

36 watts according to the e-mail I got back from Revere.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

If you're talking Watts, I assume this is a speaker rather than a siren. ELK Products makes a good, 40-Watt model called an ELK-SP40. Here's a link.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No. Lots of sirens are listed by watts. I am talking siren. Or rather speaker with siren driver built in. The 44 Watt Revere was one of the loudest I ever heard, but it has been discontinued.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Say watt?? ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

It may have caused cancer in laboratory rats and had to be taken of the shelves.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

It would have been perfect for this application though. A large cooling plant with an environmental monitoring system. They have ATW 15 watt size sirens installed by the original environmental system installer and they can not hear them over the evaporators. I plan to try and demo some 30 watt sirens, but I had hoped to have the 44s available to demo as well.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
Just Looking

Nah, that YouTube air-raid siren someone posted last year was much louder.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I was thinking the same thing, only I couldn't remember where the video was located. :-)

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.