Penn Hills Firefighter assaulted by gang of youths

formatting link
This is unbelievable I know most of these guys and they give it all for this part of the community and this is how they get repaid.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Well they probably had filled the place they were living in with garbage and there was no more room. Setting it on fire and allowing it to burn down puts them in line for getting a handout from the government and a new place to live. And then wada ya know, the damn fire department comes along and puts the fire out.

Reply to
Jim

We don't attack firemen in Vancouver... We attack art in the fire hall.

The mural reads: "It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here."

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Frank Olson" wrote in:

Did you mouse get stuck on the [Send] button? :^)

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh... Shaw's news service had a bit of a "fit".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Just curious. Can you get Giganews up there?

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I dunno. I would imagine so. It is a "3rd party" provider AFAIK, right? I actually haven't had any serious issues with Shaw News so see no reason to "switch".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Are they fiber yet?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yep! I'm routinely getting 30mbps download... Upload ain't so hot though.

Reply to
Frank Olson

They must be throttling the upload for some reason. If I recall correctly, we've been offered something like 50 megs on their business level service.

Remember when we were so excited to be able to watch the letters being "typed" across the screen at "breathtaking speeds" like 200 baud?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Or downloading files over a 56K modem at a blazing 3.5 kbps??? Them were the days... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

You reminded me of something, not long after we got "@Home" service, the first high speed Internet service. I was downloading an upgrade to Windows. I forget how large the file was but it was pretty big. There was the standard warning on screen about the download time. Since the message was based on the fastest current modems, it said something like 48 hours. I hit the "next" link or whatever it was at the time and went to make some instant coffee. As I was coming back into the room a few minutes later I heard, "File done". :^)

The service at that time was shared 10-megs. If there were a few people on the same node it would be more like 1 or 2 megs. Now I get 15 megs pretty regularly. We even considered stationinh a backup machine for my servers right in my house. Somehow you're supposed to be able to do that with this "cloud" configuration that my business servers use. That stuff is way beyond me though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I recall downloading files from Compuserv on an Atari acoustic modem at a blazing 100 baud using X-Modem.

Reply to
mleuck

"War Games". Love that movie... "Care to play a game?" Yeah... Global thermonuclear war! "How about a nice game of chess?" No... Let's play global thermonuclear war! "OK."

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.