SOS! Automation of PC and webpage and telephone needed

Hi all,

I need your help urgently!

I am in a housing lottery situation now. And I was late, so I am on the waitlist.

So my task is the following:

1. Keep monitoring a website 24 x 7 (including login, filling in some tables, and submiting some clicks and choices, and then extract the "Number_of_Available_Spots" field in that table, and then save it in a file named XXX);

1. Write a Matlab program to keep monitoring the content in the file named XXX 24 x 7, and if it is avaible, it should automatically give me a call.

My questions are:

a. How to generate a call from PC to my cell phone?

I am thinking of two ways of solution:

1. Send a short message to my cell phone, through the cell phone's provider's webpage (Cingular)

1. Generate a call from within Skype to my cell phone.

But how?

b. How to link all the above tasks together on Windows XP?

I want them run in sequence.

c. Do you have good recommendations of webpage tracking automation software that can automatically monitor the change of a certain field on a webpage?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
mizhael
Loading thread data ...

Take this question to an asp webpage or other windows web development group. This is probably not a question suited for home automation group.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

get free active perl from

formatting link
use perl and some webscraping packages to download the webpage and parse out the info. example:
formatting link
download blat command line mailer:
formatting link
make a system call from within the perl script to call blat and have it send an email to your cellphone snipped-for-privacy@cingularme.com

--

formatting link

Reply to
rl123

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.