OT: Superior Vena Cava Syndrome

That's true. I remember hearing about a medical experiment in the 70's that dealt with children with leukemia.

Half of the kids were told to think about little-bitty "Luke Skywalkers" (remember this was in the 70's) waving around his light-saber inside their body, killing the cancerous cells with his weapon. It turned out that the kids who were told to visualize that scenario improved their condition dramatically. The control group did not do as well.

I don't have a citation for that experiment, it was something told to me (don't even remember who). But I may try to find it and read more about it.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

I believe there is a force. I think of it as the "Creative" force. Some call it God. It has nothing to do with religion. It is what holds all of this universe and everything in it together. Sometimes I doubt that this entity even knows we exist. For all I know this whole universe is just a giant forgoten waste product.

What I do know is that we all have a "Subconcious" that is turned on at birth and does not shut off until death. It controls our heartbeat, immune system, respiration etc. automatically. It also communicates with other subconciences without our knowing.

When we pray we transmit positve energy. You can send out positive energy without mentioning religion. You can walk into a room blindfolded and feel the negative or positive energy. If you don't believe in thought transmission, remember that time you were thinking of someone for no particular reason and then the phone rang and that person you were just thinking of was calling to say hello? Coincidence? That's what I thought the first time.

Right now I'm sure Robert is highly sensitive and receptive both conciously and subconciously to any good thoughts you might send. It may not cure him but it might give him some inner peace in this difficult time.

RW

Reply to
Roger W

Jeez you are such a downer sometimes, I miss the old asshole Tom

Actually I can't say I have

I don't recall wishing death on anyone, I do have a problem with someone throwing out his entire health prognosis here every night, all he wants is pity and it's a little late for that

Say has anyone checked the Sarasota Obituaries lately? Just curious

Reply to
mleuck

True fact, Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer, too bad he never cried

Reply to
mleuck

I have heard these stories,also but have experience with people I know having complete succcesses with some afflictions, over the years.

Religions were based on something, way back. Yogis have demonstrated the ability to grow and cure cancer by meditation. I understand this was done at a big cancer institute back in the 70's hippie years.

Half of the kids were told to think about little-bitty "Luke Skywalkers" (remember this was in the 70's) waving around his light-saber inside their body, killing the cancerous cells with his weapon. It turned out that the kids who were told to visualize that scenario improved their condition dramatically. The control group did not do as well.

I d>There is more than just a placebo effect to praying, chanting or any other

Reply to
Josepi

I don't believe in prayer by others, either. I don believe in prayer for your own healing.

How would he know we prayed to the right Gawd or didn't wish him harm?

----------------------------------------------------------

I wont answer for MArk, he is a big boy and can handle you..

But on my side, if anyone beleive that prayer help, cursing should also do make a difference in there mind..

If you believe on the power of good will... then cursing and such is a reality too..

Just for your info I dont believe in prayer, neither on bad carma...

Reply to
Josepi

All he wants is prayer, that's what he asked for.

Ya know Mark... I used to think that deep down you were probably a decent guy, despite most of your posts being negative. I don't think that anymore. I know you could care less what I think about you.

I just can't believe how you can be so cold-hearted. We have a man asking for prayers to keep him alive a little longer, and all you can do is second guess his motives and spew more negativity. That really sucks.

Why don't you keep the negative stuff to yourself while Robert's life is teetering on the edge? Can you at least do that please? Not for me, do it because it's the right thing to do.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I am a decent guy, ask anyone here who's met me, heck I think Doug even likes me and he's British

He could have easily emailed you and Frank but instead he posted public here for everyone to see, I draw my own conclusions

I would if he can keep his teetering off this newsgroup, it seems to me that's the right thing to do

Reply to
mleuck

"mleuck" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : snipped-for-privacy@k17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...

He wont keep all this out of the NG, we are what he can think of when he thinks about friends..

Reply to
Petem

Good luck with it Robert, here's hoping things work out for the better.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Thanks Bill.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.