CCTV Modulation Wiring

I have been searching hard for a reference or discussion for what I want to do, but so far no luck and I am still puzzled. I hope someone here will steer me right.

I want to install up to 4 CCTV cameras for home security. Running cable is no problem (I have already run a cable package that includes 18-4/Cat5e/RG-6 Quad to each location). I do not require VCR capability or alarm tie-in just now.

I presently have a ChannelPlus DA-8200-BID distro amplifier feeding the video network from a central control panel. The "B" mod port is used for a ChannelPlus 4 port modulator from the media room. I want to use the ChannelPlus "A" mod port for the CCTV cameras.

Question: Is there a "box" into which I can feed the 4 camera leads, and from which I can feed the ChannelPlus "A" port, so that I can view the CCTV camera output on any display device on the network? Is a standard multiplexer sufficient?

Reply to
Armond Perretta
Loading thread data ...

that should work for your application.

Reply to
Devin

"Armond Perretta" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

A multiplexer is not required,a quad will do more then enough

multiplexer are good to do what they are called for,multiplexing video signal,so you can record it on one tape or send it to one coax to a demux..

a quad will put all 4 cam in one image (all cam will take a 1/4 of the total screen) or it can scroll between all the cam with an adjustable dwell time (most are adjustable)

hope this will help

Reply to
petem

So if I connect 4 cameras to a quad splitter, than run the output through a single-channel modulator to the ChannelPlus distro amp, that will work?

Is there a single box that will do this or is the above the simplest?

Reply to
Armond Perretta

There is a better solution which will allow you to select whichever camera you want to watch from any TV. ChannelPlus makes some excellent 4-channel modulators.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I already have a ChannelPlus 5545 modulator feeding VCRs and DVDs to the ChannelPlus distro amp "B" port. I am trying to get all 4 CCTV cameras to display via the distro amp on a single channel, and I am trying to do it as simply (and inexpensively) as possible.

Speco has a quad splitter in the $130 range and a single-channel modulator in the $80 range that seem OK. Comment?

Reply to
Armond Perretta

Their modulator is only channel 3/4, so its up to you, it will put the video from the quad on channel 3 or 4 selectable.

The quad will work either way. just make sure you get a color model if they are color cameras.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

One hardware device that will do what you want is called a "multiplexor",

formatting link
FWIW, some of us from comp.home.automation recently bought used 16-channel Samsung video multiplexors for $99. I am pleased with mine.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

What about:

"Speco Tech Full Range Digital RF Modulator

..Converts any composite signal into a user selectable TV channel . Full Channel Range: UHF: 14 - 69, Cable: 65 - 94 and 100 - 125 . Digital LED display and full channel memory safeguards against power outages . Isolated left/right RCA inputs improve audio performance . Phase-lock loop for eliminating channel drift . Dimensions: 3 7/8" W x 4 1/8"D x 1 1/2"H" ?

formatting link

Reply to
Armond Perretta

I never used it, but since they were talking about cheapest method, i figured they meant the 3/4 RF mod.

Basically when i go over the cheap one, i go straight up to channel vision or the like.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.