Optical Cabling System For Field Apps

Hi There,

I'd like to get your feedback about preconnectorized optical cabling systems, for use in LAN/Campus networks to be deployed in harsh outdoor environments by novices. I'm thinking of 6-pack preconnectorized panels, ribbon cables, MT connectors, etc., with the outdoor cable being spliced to the indoor fan-out cable, etc. Any real experience of installation & validation testing by pure novice techs welcome.

Please contact me at : snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thanks in advance, _Marc

Reply to
miniotdr
Loading thread data ...

For harsh environments and mobile use most reliable are military type cables with fixed expanded beam connectors. Without the mobile use "harsh" should be defined more to give advice. Water dirt and temperatures are "easy" for allmost all cabletypes. Arnie

Reply to
Arnie Berkers

Hi Arnie,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I'm looking for more info on actual solutions - e.g. with Corning and the likes. "Harsh" : systems to be installed in certain regions of the planet where temperatures and humidity rates play rollercoaster all over the year ;-) Say continental deserts (opposite to the Gulf for instance), mountains, etc. About military-grade solutions : way too expensive for my client... although I'm personnaly convinced that it would be the best technically speaking.

Thank you again. _Marc

formatting link

Reply to
miniotdr

in many cases, Price means the quality:) in desert, the temperature varies very much in daytime and night, this cable should be considered much more even in the strain control. And i think that in these field, no specific protection will be made, or these could be useless. you also need to consider these kind of protection not only the mice but also other wild animals. btw, why not try the product from China?

Reply to
sawyerge

Hello There,

Thank you for the answer. My concerns are more on the installation & testing side, not the cable per se. For instance, using pre-connectorized patch panels reduce the risks of constraints on the fibers inside the panels.

Because there are some political issues behind the customer's choices...

Thanks again, _Marc blog :

formatting link

Reply to
miniotdr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.