ISDN simulator still worth having in a CCNA lab?

Hi,

Seeing as the new CCNP material has no ISDN content, is it still worth buying an ISDN simulator for a CCNA lab?

Is it likely the ISDN material will be removed from the CCNA too? I am currently buying components for my CCNA & future CCNP lab and not sure if a $600 ISDN simulator is worth it.

I currently have the following components:

1 x 3550-EMI 2 x 2950T 3 x 2610XM 1 x 2522 1 x 2511

Would I be better off buying some more switches or routers instead of an ISDN simulator?

Thanks

Peter

Reply to
Peter Danes
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Where have you seen that new CCNP material has no ISDN?

Maybe you are right:

formatting link
Maybe a good news for all trying to build a home lab...

Reply to
Sven

New CCNP exams do not have ISDN included. But the CCNA still has it. And I don't think is going to change anytime soon. Even the academy curriculum change, later this year, did not mention leaving the ISDN behind.

Reply to
Mohammed Alani

While the CCNA exam does still have some on ISDN, it is fairly minimal and is more conceptual than practical. I can't see where this would justify the expense of the equipment, unless you can get most of it back by selling the unit.

Reply to
Scooby

I believe you are right. Its more about conceptual aspects than practical in the CCNA. One of the academies I lecture in don't have it and we complete the courses regularly with no problems.

Reply to
Mohammed Alani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.