IPSec and routing

Hi

I need to set up an IPSec connection between 2 router for the traffic between 2 subnets behind. Besides, setting up the Phase 1, phase 2 including all the ACL, transform....., how should I set the route between the subnet? static route or eigrp? How should I set the access list to let the routing protocol get through the IPSec?

Thanks

Reply to
a
Loading thread data ...

create an ipsec encrypted gre tunnel betweeen the routers in order to exchange dynamic routing information, your ipsec-isakmp ACL will handle the LAN to LAN traffic over the tunnel

Reply to
L J

Is that means, if I just set up the Phase 1 and phase 2 and the eigrp, but no other things; the routing protocol will not go through. Then, the empty routing table is not able to direct the packets to the correct hop. Am I right?

Thanks

"L J" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D : snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
a

Yes. IPSec is IP only, no multicast. Since EIGRP uses multicast to exchange routing info, it won't work. As suggested, the solution is IPSec + GRE.

Doan

=2E.

Reply to
Doan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.