Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Intercom replacement opinions, please ....
August 10, 2005, 12:54 pm
rate this thread
I have an old NuTone IM2003 intercom system that I got when I bought my
17 year old home. There are 13 remotes including door and pool deck.
The intercom part actually works to a degree; the radio part does not.
I don't really need an intercom system but it bothers me that it
doesn't work well and I guess it is kinda nice to have as this is a
fairly large home. It's also ugly - the intercom, that is.
So I'm looking at some replacement options:
It's a 3-wire system so I'm looking at the NuTone IMA3303.
M&S' DMC3-4 which is designed to replace NuTone's 3-wire intercoms.
Both of these have similar features. The M&S is a bit more expensive.
I've heard NuTone has had reliability issues; are they building them
any better these days?
I'm really interested in a wireless solution, but I don't know of any
that have master and remote stations that mount in the wall like the
Anyway, all suggestions/opinions welcome.
- » Home automation server hardware dev board for Raspberry Pi - OS Hardware
- — Next thread in » Home Automation
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum