WML Input Mask to force numeric characters

I have a web page for inputting personal expenses into a financial application. So I used

The page works just great with the Openwave V7 Simulator. But when I try accessing the page with my Nokia 6061, the phone doesn't switch to numeric-only. Having to enter abc1 for one dollar will not be acceptable. I'm so stuck on this most basic of problems, I've begun to consider writing a script to convert "a" or "b" or "c" to a "1" at the server side. Geesh.

Since my page is not a genuine xml compliant page, I wonder if anyone could refer me to a page where I could confirm that the format="N" parameter might actually work with a Nokia Series 40 phone?

In the meantime, I hope someone will take a moment and visit my page and help me understand what the heck is going on...

formatting link

Reply to
frasmus
Loading thread data ...

You've posted to the wrong group. This is IEEE 802.11 wireless networking, not mobile phones.

Try posting to one of the groups in the alt.cellular.* hierarchy.

Reply to
Seth Goodman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.