Wireless Printserver and Multi Function Printers

I'm looking for a wireless printserver that are able to handle multi function printers, such as HP PSC2355. All of the wireless printservers I have been trying doesn't support such kind of printers. Anybody who can help me?

snipped-for-privacy@nypost.dk

Reply to
Jacob Bagge
Loading thread data ...

"Jacob Bagge" wrote in news:42125089$0$302$ snipped-for-privacy@dread11.news.tele.dk:

I don't think there is a print server that will handle multifunction printers.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

printservers I

If you have a spare pc that you could put a PCI wireless card in you could connect the printer to it an share it wirelessly as a networked printer, or connected to any hardwired pc on the lan, wireless users can print to it through the AP ---->Router--->PC---HP Printer

Reply to
Airhead

Maybe upgrade to either the PSC 2510 (discontinued but believe has wireless on board) or the PSC 2710 (onboard ethernet and wireless) or the PSC 2610 (onboard ethernet which could be connected to a wireless router)...

Reply to
John

I dont know if this will help... but here goes... I have the HP psc500 multi printer without usb .& Epson R300 with usb connection. and I have just been to amazon.com to find the same thing your looking for and it's for usb & parallel printers' so I have ordered one,the specs are : a.. Product Description: Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer for USB 2.0 WPS54GU2 - print server b.. Device Type: Print server c.. Form Factor: External d.. Interface (Bus) Type: Hi-Speed USB/parallel e.. Dimensions (WxDxH): 10.5 cm x 13.5 cm x 3 cm f.. Weight: 0.2 kg g.. Data Link Protocol: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g h.. Data Transfer Rate: 54 Mbps i.. Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz j.. Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g k.. System Requirements: Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP l.. Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty Also (I think) & I have been wrong in my thinking before, why would it matter if its muti function printer, you can only print from it, to use the other functions they have Ie: copy scan etc.. you still have to push the seperate button on the machine.although you could possibly scan via wireless as the program you use has the function built in. hope some or all of this helped..

"Wayne"( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message news:Xns95FEA52611FB8nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130...

Reply to
tonto72

Tom's Hardware had a recent review of what was basically a remote USB port that just happens to communicate with your CPU via Ethernet, so it does drive some MFPs...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

"tonto72" wrote in news:1cnSd.223$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

Yes, these printer servers will work with some Multifunction printers - but only for the print functions. If you hook a MFP to a print server, you'll lose all the other features such as copy, scanning, faxing.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

"tonto72" wrote in news:1cnSd.223$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

The print server you bought will only work with the print portion. Faxing, scanning etc won't work via a printer server.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.