Wi Fi

Hi there, macDonald's is giving away free Wi Fi in their stores in the UK. They are paying for the Internet for customers.

J D Weatherspoons are providing free Wi Fi in all their pubs in the UK.

Reply to
paulphanson
Loading thread data ...

For qualified users, its free at McDonalds here in the U.S. now.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

How do they define "qualified user?" You have to buy at least a Quarter Pounder with Fries and a medium Coke?

Reply to
Warren Oates

McDonalds is part of the AT&T WiFi hotspot network. If you have AT&T DSL, you can either add WiFi for $1.99 per month, or WiFi is included on higher speed accounts.

formatting link
?pid=5949

Reply to
dold

They just dropped the $1.99 fee last week or so. I don't know if they changed the $19 per month if you have only an SBC dial-up account.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

I've not run into any free McD nets in the USA. Might be as I've not looked as I can usually pick up free hotspots from the local area. If one of those is a burger joint I buy from them vs. McDs. FWIW the change of suppliers does not seem to bother the grand kids.

Reply to
NotMe

Its free if you have a AT&T DSL at home or office.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

| > I've not run into any free McD nets in the USA. | | Its free if you have a AT&T DSL at home or office.

So it's free only if I pay AT&T for DSL? And that covers how many of the folk that might have need for wifi at McD's?

Reply to
NotMe

That correct. That's why I mention it was free for only "qualified" users.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

I would say the at&t DSL subscriber pool is a sizable number. Probably more than subscribe to the underlying McDonald's provider wayport.net.

On the other hand, the number of those subscribers that _want_ to surf at McDonald's is a smaller pool. ;-)

The pool of at&t DSL customers that realize they have dialup and wifi as part of their service is probably smaller still.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.