what is End-to-End Enterprise solution? - NewBie

Hello to all,

May be my question is bit silly to you. But I am new to IT.

I have searched in google but i could not get proper definition.

I want to know that

say appointment suite that uses J2EE and J2ME to create and manage appointments. Is it called End-to-End Enterprise solution for appointments.

thank you in advance,

vishnu

Reply to
vishnumahendra
Loading thread data ...

Ummm... Vishnu, I think you are in the wrong forum. This one is for wireless internet access. Why don't you post your Java questions over here:

formatting link

- Jeff

Reply to
jschall

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com hath wroth:

Wrong newsgroup or mailing list. If you're looking for JAVA expertise, methinks one of the comp.lang.java.* groups would be more useful.

However, the answer to your question is quite easy. It's a plumbing problem. An end to end enterprise solution is one where you shovel money into one end, and get either manure or magic out the other end. It is often difficult to distinguish between the manure and the magic. The end to end pipe is owned by a single software vendor who will try to maximize the consumption of money at the input end and is often equally unable to distinguish between manure and magic. 3rd party vendors are helpful, but are often unable to recognize which end of the pipe they are suppose to operate. This frequently leads to the software equivalent of constipation, where nothing moves. When you evaluate end to end enterprise solutions, if you think of them in terms of a plumbing analogy, the problems become quite obvious.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.