To those struggling to find the log files from their DG834G this morning, the 'date of email' bug has now run out of subscripts for the array. So instead of simply being a month ahead of themselves the emails are now showing up as 1/1/70.
Presumably everything will work again once we hit January!
It's a big improvement for me. Before those incompetent programmers at Netgear put that wrong and quite unnecessary Date: line in, my email client figured out the time and date from the Received: lines. Now that the line is gibberish, the mail client is doing it correctly once again.
Maybe, for some weird non-standard Netgear meaning of the work "work" :-(
It's also a problem with the DG834GT, using firmware V1.01.28. However in this case, at least it gets the year correct: for example, the date of today's email is "Date: Mon,5 (null) 2005 09:00:00 -0000" which Outlook Express displays as "05/01/2005". Sadly this means that the log entry for 1 Dec does not follow the one for 30 Nov but is at the beginning of the year! I'm intrigued to see what happens after the end of December: will the 1 Jan
2006 email be timestamped 1 Jan 2006 or 1 Feb 2006?
I've resigned myself to my router always being one month ahead of itself, so I display the Received date rather than the Sent date. I wonder why Netgear have never fixed it. The date is displayed correctly within the log file (eg "Sun, 2005-12-04 09:00:00") so why is it wrong in the email header. With the original firmware that the router was supplied with, the Date line in the header was missing altogether (I'm surprised that the RFCs for email allow this - I'd have thought that From, Date and Subject would be mandatory); the V1.01.28 upgrade fixed the swapping of attentuation and noise margin values (very confusing!) but when they added the Date field, it was not the correct date.
Yes Tony, you are quite right, my headers are the same as yours will the (null) month in and the date I see is a function of my mail client. I'm using Thunderbird, which obviously displays invalid dates as 1/1/70 (which I didn't know as it happens) rather than using a received date. I've become so used to the date being wrong, I didn't investigate it as far as you!! Shame on me.