Is there a Cisco Router Available for Home Wireless?

Seems that all their hardware is commercially oriented.

Looking for something beside LinkSys/D-Link or NetGear for my home wireless.

TIA

Reply to
Chap
Loading thread data ...

There are many companies out there who produce wireless equipment. May I ask why you do not wish to use Linksys, Dlink or Netgear?

Here are some others...

formatting link
I am sure there are many more.......

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

Chap wrote in news:93hrv018u8n9me4j0f4of1jtk7tv7ifneu@

4ax.com:

Hotbrick 401W

formatting link
I plan on getting one and plugging it into my WG converting the 401W into a wire/wireless AP switch.

formatting link
WG has a wireless but it's only wireless B

formatting link

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Because they are basically all low end "consumer" grade hardware.

Reply to
Chap

Belkin is a reliable alternative.

Reply to
Rodney Kelp

Cisco 1100 and 1200 series WiFI APs are very nice. look on ebay.

More power. Nice cosmetics; they come with brackets that let them hang on the wall, wired from behind. With POE you don't even need a

120VAC power cord.
Reply to
Al Dykes

You're recommending access points for use as a router?

Reply to
Rôgêr

And "small business...don't forget small business...

Reply to
Morty McSnerd

No, but the OP might be interested in what better-grade WiFi gear looks like and costs.

Reply to
Al Dykes

Chap wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How big is your home network?

You can always load Sveasoft firmware onto a Linksys router to give it additional features.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Linksys is a division of Cisco, but they are a consumer grade.

-

-- cnewton at akaMail.com Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton

Sure Linksys.com

Reply to
gekco

Well, "low end" consumer gear is what you really want for a small home network, unless you have alot of money to create a Enterprise Network. But that would be overkill bigtime.

How many computers are you looking to connect in this network and in how big of an area?

Reply to
Robert Jacobs

Cisco stuff is REALLY expensive. Draytek Vigor 2600 range is good alternative, very reliable, full featured (e.g. printer and VoIP ports). Mine hasn't missed a bit in 20 months. While the price is ~50% above cheap consumer stuff, it's nowhere as bad as Cisco. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

Or check the Cisco 1600 or 1700 series routers, with the appropiate wic for you wan connection. For wireless you would also need a cisco wap then. Check ebay they have lots of older used cisco hardware for decent prices. Or for routing use a old pc with linux.

Reply to
mikep187

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.