Help Me With My Antenna Parabola, Please!

[Resend: Apparently server has connectivity problems]

OK, I'm in need of a bit more boost from my vertical omni antenna, which is just not cutting it most of the time; I need more directional grunt.

I saw this site:

formatting link
and thought I'd try it, but there are two different types of reflectors and I am not sure which is the correct one for the cheapie antenna I'm using:

formatting link
The element is about 7-3/8 inches long, with two corkscrew sections.

If you scroll down on the site, you'll see that there's a second page for an improvised reflector for "WET-11 5/8 Wave" antenna types. Which is the more appropriate for my antenna?

Do these reflectors "scale," that is, do bigger ones of the same proportions work the same?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Always Thinking
Loading thread data ...

What information does your site survey yield?

Reply to
miso

EZ-12 Yes, Better!

Reply to
curly Bill

Specifically, is the height of these vertical reflectors critical, assuming they are as high as the antenna element?

Remember, this is for an element about 7-3/8" high, not the small screw-on masts that come with cheap routers, for which these designs are originally intended.

Reply to
"Always Thinking"

assuming they are as high as the antenna element?

When doing the printout, just make the square remains square.

formatting link

Reply to
curly Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.