Google Mail on your cell phone

Google Mail (Gmail) now has a slick WAP interface called Gmail Mobile that provides access to Gmail service from most WAP-capable cell phones. Features:

• Free (other than carrier data charges)
  • Full email functionality
  • Handles attachments
  • Optimized for different phones
  • Can reply by calling if the contact is in your phone

For more information see .

Another great free Google service for cell phones is Google Local for Mobile (GLM) .

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

why so you post this blatant advertising for google? Its not like they can't advertise their own stuff. And as well as being spam, its also offtopic. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Have you checked the group charter recently? It doesn't appear to be off-topic.

Don't you have better things to do?

Reply to
Derek Broughton
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

I have no connection to Google and no axe to grind -- I'm just providing useful information.

Not spam. On-topic.

Reply to
John Navas

You mean the FAQ maintained by the guy whose posting I commented on? This seems a mildly dubious reference.

I fail to see what an advert for google mail has to do with wireless. If you can point me at an actual charter though I'd be grateful.

Than what? Comment on what I consider to be spam? Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

I don't maintain it -- I just started it. It's a Wiki, which makes maintenance a community effort. Feel free to contribute -- unless carping is all you have time for. ;)

No, the charter.

It's not an advert -- it's a personal recommendation. You know the difference

-- right?

You claim I violated the charter, but you don't even know how to find it, much less have actually read it? ;)

All you accomplished was to draw attention. Was that your purpose?

Reply to
John Navas

Yes, and this was an advert. Call it a personal recommendation if you like tho, its what pyramid sellers call their tripe too.

(I said)

No, I never claimed you violiated the charter. I said your post was spam, and offtopic to boot. If you /can/ point me at the charter, thatd be good. The FAQ doesn't mention it that I can see

The attention was drawn by yourself and the other dude. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

No, I mean the newsgroup charter. Every Usenet group has one. As for the FAQ, I tend to disagree with John, often, so I'm glad the FAQ is _not_ maintained by John, it's maintained by anyone who wants to bother - I've added my own parts.

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Reply to
Si Ballenger

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The charter defines what is and is not on topic.

It's pretty easy to find.

I just added it to the FAQ.

Again, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Reply to
John Navas

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.