Good Program WLAN Calculate Real Speed.

Hi everybody,

I'm searching for a long time a good program (maybe on GNU license) which could be able to calculate the "real speed" of my Wi-Fi network.

If this program exist under Windows should be nice. For my Signal test i already usse Netstumbler which i think is very good.

I discover Wifi Manager 4.0 which is free too but i can't visualizate Speed traffic.

So if someone have it one which don "server" on the Wi-Fi computer and generate and calculate traffic throught another PC should be nice !

PS : I need one wich do it in "virtual" to be sure the speed results are not falsed due the hardDisk.

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Wi-Fi Newbie
Loading thread data ...

You might want iperf.

formatting link
run iperf -s on one computer, iperf -c _ip_address_ on the other computer.

Reply to
dold

download the Windows binary

formatting link
is a self-expanding archive. Double-click, specify . as the unzip folder, and you will get iperf.exe and a doc folder.

Reply to
dold

Thank you very much Clarence.

I don't see exactly how to launch it under Windows, I have try in DOS command but no way. Howwever on the doc they suggest to install it use Make or make install but when i'm trying the system doesn't recognize the command.

Any suggestion ? Does i must rename the file extension ?

I know I'm poor sorry !

a écrit dans le message de news:da7kqd$r4j$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net...

Reply to
Wi-Fi Newbie

Great it works !

My Ethernet network seems not so speedy here is the results :

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth [840] 0.0- 0.0 sec 48.0 KBytes 39.3 Mbits/sec

But it really doesn't matter I need iperf for WLAN tests !!

Thank you very much i wil check now for more than 1 packet send !

a écrit dans le message de news:da9kpf$452$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net...

Reply to
Wi-Fi Newbie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.