Free wireless hotspots

Is Free wireless going the way of "free" dial-ups ?

The more places that add WiFi , the more that are pre-paid access.

McDonalds, Starbucks , ect, paid hot spots.

Reply to
Sept1967
Loading thread data ...

I sincerely hope not.

And the more that are free as well.

Panera Bread, many local non-chain coffehouses, etc., free hot spots. And some McDonalds locations are free, too.

Seriously, I know what you're getting at, but don't despair. Check out these links and see how many free spots there still are close to wherever you're located.

formatting link
formatting link
Also go to
formatting link
and do a search for free hotspots near you. You might surprise yourself.

Finally, check out your local public library. More and more of them are going unwired for laptop users. If yours hasn't already, ask if they're getting ready to or considering it.

Reply to
Jonathan L. Parker

The McDonalds that I used made sense... It's tlaked about here all the time. Two hours free with the purchase of a Happy Meal (tm). Or some fixed price, like $9.95 per day.

Reply to
dold

Fresno - The 6th largest city in California. The 37th largest populated city in the US (Larger then Sacramento, the state capitol)

formatting link
formatting link
lists (1) free wifi cafe
formatting link
lists (4) spots

[Fresno State University which isn't puplic access is one listed. And CyberSub cafe is listed on both] So 3 public sites listed.

Its a given, Fresno isn't as sophisticated as other cities, but the size of the population, and business, would rate more then this sprinkling of free sites.

I do know of several hotels that have it - LaQuinta - Courtyard - some Best Westerns.

Reply to
Sept1967

Yep!! Just like the BIG disk satellites in the 80's when you could sit there for hours and watch all the "free" TV via Satellite you wanted....It's called "greed."....I am now 66 and more and more pleasures of life are being restricted or taken away...OH WELL!!!!

Reply to
chicago

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.