There are 2 Asterisk books already

The first book has been available for a while and it may be convenient for those of you outside the US because they offer a downloadable version.

formatting link
The newer one was released yesterday. They have an excellent free chapter about setting up extensions.

formatting link

-RFH

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera
Loading thread data ...

Ian:

My posting was targeted to those users who just want some basic PBX and SIP functionality. I am sure you don't need those books, and can probably write one.

The vast majority of Asterisk users just want to know the basics and those haven't changed in the latest release.

My points are:

(1) Wow!, we are becoming a real industry. Two books already! I remember how long it took for 'sendmail' to get its first book (not coincidentially by O'Really)

(2) Too many people want to learn Asterisk but won't even spring 40 lousy bucks to educate themselves on the basics.

-Ramon

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

Both are "basic" and neither cover the latest release of * which has some major changes..

Also the signate one has not had any good reviews..

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.