Delphi / Voice Communicator VCL

This is what STUN is for. Read up on RFC3489, then find one of the freely-available STUN servers, set it up, and direct your users' client software to it.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

Sorry, when I said "set it up", I meant install the STUN server software on some computer somewhere so that you had your own server running.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Hi All. I am considering Voice Communicator VCL suite of tools which look quite good. However, not being conversant with VOIP I'd like some advice please.

The greatest weakness that I can see of VOIP is finding the destination IP address. If a user is behind a router, or has dynamic address, please tell how we can get his IP address over the net. I know

formatting link
but for programming purposes, that is not suitable of course.

Using protocol UDP or TCP.

Any advice appreciated. Alistair+

Reply to
Alistair George

Thanks - but it would seem that the long-term reliability is suspect: Active Public Servers: For the benefit of the community's developers, Vovida.org site is making two public STUN servers available for everyone to use. These are running a very old version of the code and do not work with recent clients. The IP address of the STUN servers are:

• 128.107.250.38 * 128.107.250.39

These are the only two public servers I have found. Al+

Reply to
Alistair George

What's the point of the Javascript? It just makes it much more difficult to parse.

Why not just send the IP and be done with it: http://u.nu/ip.php

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

I have another solution which might be more suitable, because it uses my own web page, and own code, but if you have any concerns about validity please lets know: I use some javascript on my web page. My program calls this script, and then parses the resulting page to get the user IP address:

formatting link
Thanks very much. Alistair+

Reply to
Alistair George

Sounds like your server is not processing it through PHP. Are you using Apache or one of the off-brand servers?

Source code for ip.php:

So basically what you were doing.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Works well, but I dont know PHP and the best I could come up with is: REMOTE_ADDR:

But that wont echo to the page - any tips?

Reply to
Alistair George

No, that worked! thanks vm. Al+

Reply to
Alistair George

Reply to
Alistair George

Alistair George wrote: [...]

A quick google search for "sip delphi" returned (among other interesting hits):

formatting link
SIP Stack 0.3 (D6) This ZIP file (457KB) contains the source code for the stack as well as a demo application. Last updated 24 December

The license seems to be quite liberal, BSD-style. However I haven't used it (and I don't know Delphi) so I cannot comment further.

Enzo

Reply to
nospam

Tks 4 info. I would like to implement this sort of thing in Delphi, but it seems no one has rolled a component to manage SIP from the client point of view - yet? Al+

Reply to
Alistair George

Hi Enzo. Appreciate, but that is for a SIP stack which is a host I suspect? I want to get SIP from the client point of view only, the host is much more comprehensive. Al+

Reply to
Alistair George

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.