Browser-based SIP softphone

Glophone has Glo2Go Express, excellent sound quality, free peer-to-peer, and an instant message feature is now in beta testing. Buddy list and directory is a built-in feature.

formatting link
The sound quality in my experience is better than I get with XPro using Sipphone.

The user may need to install the regular glophone to sign up for an account, but Glo2Go will replace the regular Glophone. The "Bluephone" is free.

There is virtually no configuration with Glophone. Xlite can be difficult (there is a config bug in some downloads).

Pepperoni

Reply to
Pepperoni
Loading thread data ...

Hello, Can anyone suggest any browser-based (java applet, etc) SIP softphone? The idea is to make the VoIP service available for a portal user and not having him/her to download, install and configure software locally.

Anyone has seen anything like that?

Also, could anyone suggest a good user-friendly free SIP client for windows? I've checked X-lite and a couple more, but they try to repeat the old "hardware-phone" paradigm.

What I'm looking for is "Skype-like" interface with a buddy list, instant messaging and good voice quality.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot, Roman Zhovtulya

Reply to
Roman Zhovtulya

FreeWorldDialup can use the Pulver Communicator which will do what you are looking for.

Reply to
Len Hightower

I don't think Glophone is configurable, but it is great for peer-to-peer communication.

XLite is configurable, if you have your server running.

I hope you aren't planning to make yourself rich selling SIP services; the competition is massive. Peer-to-peer is free and they are working now on interoperability between the various venders.

For basic communication, even Yahoo messenger now includes voice with their instant messenger. Sound quality is quite good.

Reply to
Pepperoni

Thanks a lot for the hint. Actually, I'm looking for some SIP clients that I can use for free with my own SIP server, not the pre-configured software.

We are currently developing an enterprise VoIP solution and are looking for some good clients before we write our own ...

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Roman Zhovtulya

Len Hightower wrote:

Reply to
Roman Zhovtulya

Thanks a lot for the hint. Can you configure glophone to use your own SIP server?

What I'm looking for is a free provider-independent SIP client (the best option would be a java applet-based solutions).

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot, Roman Zhovtulya

Pepper>

Reply to
Roman Zhovtulya

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.