Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Currency-mining Android malware is so aggressive it can physically harm phones [telecom]
Currency-mining Android malware is so aggressive it can physically harm phones By Dan Goodin A newly discovered piece of Android malware carries out a litany of malicious activities, including showing...

Washington state: Comcast was "even more deceptive" than we thought [telecom]
Washington state: Comcast was "even more deceptive" than we thought "Additional consumers" rejected the SPP, but Comcast signed them up anyway." By Cyrus Farivar The attorney general of Washington has...

Charter promises Internet service to family--then says it'll cost $16,000 [telecom]
Charter promises Internet service to family - then says it'll cost $16,000 Charter falsely told man that service was available at new home. By Jon Brodkin When Chad Pierce and his family bought a new...

Days after iPhone battery fiasco, lawsuits against Apple begin to mount [telecom]
Days after iPhone battery fiasco, lawsuits against Apple begin to mount Customers say they would rather have replaced battery than bought a new phone. Customers say they would rather have replaced...

Verizon, Other ISPs Won't Say How Badly They Plan to ... [telecom]
Verizon, Other ISPs Won't Say How Badly They Plan to Fuck You Over Now By Tom McKay Now that the Republican-controlled Federal Communications Commission has decided to toss a massive favor to their...

Verizon Communications Rating Lowered to Hold at HSBC [telecom]
Verizon Communications was downgraded by investment analysts at HSBC from a "buy" rating to a "hold" rating in a research report issued on Thursday, December 14th, Marketbeat reports. They presently...

Season's Greetings [telecom]
It's that time of year again, and so I'll say "Season's Greetings" to all my readers, and I hope that you enjoy the best of the coming year and that you had a great 2017. Merry/Happy/Joyous! Bill

Apple addresses why people are saying their iPhones with older batteries are running 'slower' [telecom]
Apple addresses why people are saying their iPhones with older batteries are running "slower." Because of a Reddit post and the loose interpretation of subsequent benchmark tests posted by Primate...

Any lawful device: Revisiting Carterfone [telecom]
Any lawful device: Revisiting Carterfone on the eve of the Net Neutrality vote the Commission is doing now. By Matthew Lasar Nearly 50 years ago, the Federal Communications Commission issued one of...

Frontier Communications, The Company I Love To Hate [telecom]
By Norman Roberts This review updates my review of Frontier Communications (FTR) as I reported it in my July 18, 2017, article, "Frontier Communications, The Company I Love To Hate." In that article,...

All Aboard The Internet Highway [telecom]
Net Neutrality Neutered....say that 5 times fast With the repeal of Net Neutrality, there are many changes that have been foretold. Some people feel those changes will be bad and some feel they will...

CenturyLink drops holiday bonus a week before Christmas [telecom]
By Bonnie Bolden 'Twas the week before Christmas and CenturyLink CEO Glen Post sent a letter to employees telling them that there would be no holiday bonus this year. According to a report from Yahoo!...

Happy Holidays to all! [telecom]
Best wishes to everyone for a joyous holiday season and a happy and healthy new year! * * * Ad from Western Union in December 1951, urging the use of telegrams to send holiday wishes, including...

US Justice Department, AT&T settlement talks failed: Court filing [telecom]
The U.S. Department of Justice and AT&T have held unsuccessful settlement talks over the wireless and pay-TV company's bid to buy movie and TV show maker Time Warner, the two sides said in a court...

AT&T pink-slips 700 DirecTV installers [telecom]
by Daniel Frankel With AT&T's CEO having just proclaimed the addition of 7,000 new jobs tied to Republican-led corporate tax breaks and the Christmas holiday just days away, the company has confirmed...