Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Charlie Baker signs Massachusetts hands-free driving bill into law [telecom]
Under the new law, drivers in Massachusetts will only be allowed to use electronic devices in "hands-free" modes - such as Bluetooth - and are generally banned from looking at texts or images while...

You're Tracked Everywhere You Go Online. Use This Guide to Fight Back. [telecom]
You can't stop all of it, but you don't have to give up. You can’t stop all of it, but you don’t have to give up.

Is An Advertiser Responsible For False Advertising If A Word Has
by Jeffrey A Greenbaum What do you do when a term that you are planning to use in advertising has more than one meaning? Are you responsible for false advertising if consumers misunderstand the claim?...

Re: Callcentric Discontinuing Inum Support [telecom]
I've received an explanation for the change from Callcentric, and I'm passing it along to help any other Callcentric users: An iNum is a free number (15 digit number) that was created to provide a...

Maine Law Will Place Strict Restrictions On Internet Service
by Lauren E. York, Diana Elizabeth Schaffner and Michelle A. Reed Maine's legislature unanimously passed a new law - "An Act to Protect the Privacy of Online Customer Information" (the "Act") - that...

Re: How Google Interferes With Its Search Algorithms and Changes
WSJ report about Google search manipulation gets a lot wrong The media narrative has turned against big tech, and this is an example. The media narrative has turned against big tech, and this is an...

[Telecom] Callcentric Discontinuing Inum Support
(Statement from Callcentric - Mod) "This was not a decision we chose to make, but..." ***** Moderator's Note ***** I use Callcentric for my "home" phone line: it's a VoIP connection which can receive...

[telecom] spoofing of GPS in Shanghai..
Not just jamming. Spoofing and providing wrong locations to/of ships and, yes, bicycles... Note that this is (at least as reported) only affecting the ubiquitous US civilian GPS signals which is what...

RE: [telecom] Sprint puts T-Mobile talks on hold to negotiate with cable duo, report says
This claim puzzled me tremendously because it seems completely at odds with the current status of the proposed T-Mobile/Sprint merger, which is not in fact currently on hold in the manner described...

History: Western Union 60 years ago [telecom]
Article about the financial health of the business. The president talks about converting from telegrams to private wire services. (Far right, at top)...

T-Mobile's long-time CEO, John Legere, to step down [telecom]
Mr. Legere was credited with reviving the telecommunications company. He will be succeeded next spring by the company's president, Mike Sievert. Mr. Legere was credited with reviving the...

National Law Review: telecom news [telecom]
Telecom Alert - FCC Fines CenturyLink, West Safety for 911 Outage; Net Neutrality Petition for Rehearing; AT&T to Pay $60 Million in FTC Settlement; T-Mobile and Sprint Merger FCC Approval Order; Pole...

Sprint puts T-Mobile talks on hold to negotiate with cable duo, report says [telecom]
By Robert Smith Sprint has put merger talks with T-Mobile US on hold to pursue two months of exclusive talks with cable giants Comcast and Charter Communications, according to a published report. In a...

UPDATE: Rhea County 911 and non-emergency lines restored after outage [telecom]
Phone service has been restored and all phone lines are back in operation, Rhea County dispatch announced. by Preston Steger & Mary Francis Hoots UPDATE: Phone service has been restored and all phone...

Supreme Court agrees to review disastrous ruling on API
The Supreme Court has agreed to review one of the decade's most significant software copyright decisions: last year's ruling by an appeals court that Google infringed Oracle's copyrights when Google...