When is TDMA Being Phased Out?

Hello,

Does anyone have the schedule for when the different Cingular/ATT markets are phasing out TDMA? Please let me know or where to find that information.

Thanks,

Mayur Deshmukh Interpage Network Services, Inc. snipped-for-privacy@interpage.net [to email me, remove the CAPS]

formatting link

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The word from Mike Alexander, Cingular Wireless customer service/sales manager here in Independence is that it will s-l-o-w-l-y disappear a tower at a time. I switched my personal phone from TDMA to GSM just two weeks ago, when it got to the point the 'bars' were not as high as they had been and more often than not a call attempt had to be made two or three times before it would go through. The phone was still _usable_ but it made me nervous seeing only two or three bars on the left (signal reception) side of the display, and after dialing and not hearing the ringing tone in the usual one or two seconds I would look at the display and see a message saying 'redialing'. He told me 'you can keep on using that older phone as long as you want, but eventually it will be seeking a signal from a tower in Caney or Coffeyville. I've got a nice new Nokia 6010 you can have with a new contract if you want.' So I decided to bite the bullet and go with it. He also pointed out that 'this area code 620 is eventually all going to be GSM and then for a good signal if you have a prepaid phone the company will put you out of Wichita (area 316). I also have a prepaid spare phone, Nokia 5165 now, and Cingular insisted _it_ had to be in the 316 area. There was a time here, until two or three years ago that we were entirely in 316, even for landlines. PAT]
Reply to
http://www.interpage.net
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.