T-Mobile to buy 700MHz A Block spectrum from CenturyLink subsidiary [telecom]

T-Mobile US has revealed in a filing with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that it is seeking approval to purchase 700MHz A Block licences from Actel, a wholly-owned subsidiary of fixed line operator CenturyLink. T-Mobile US, which is majority-owned by Deutsche Telekom, recently said it had entered into agreements to acquire A block spectrum from "multiple parties" for approximately USD50.5 million.

Rest at:

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

I dropped T-Mobile about two years ago because I had great difficulty making calls in the house. It would not work at all in the basement where my office is so I switched to AT&T which works in the basement fine. My understanding of why AT&T works in my basement and T-Mobile does not is because ATT has a low frequency band (850MHz ?) that works better in buildings. T-Mobile has not had this in the past.

T-Mobile is now getting 700MHz "A-Block" frequencies. My question is will my phone (Alcatel SPARQ OT-606A) work with the 700 A-Block frequencies or will only phones designed specifically for A-Block work?

Reply to
Arnie Goetchius

You need to look at the specs. Your phone appears to be 850/1900 only, not 700.

formatting link

Reply to
John Levine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.