Replaced Galaxy Note 7 explodes on a Southwest flight
It looks like Samsung's exploding battery woes may not be behind it just yet. According to a report from The Verge, a Southwest Airlines flight was evacuated this morning when a Galaxy Note 7 began smoking in a passenger's pocket. Worryingly, the phone wasn't actually one of the recalled defective units - it was a new model that had already been replaced by AT&T just a couple of weeks before.
The plane was still at the gate when the Note 7 caught fire, and all passengers were successfully evacuated with no reported injuries.