Re: Windows XP Update May be Classified as "Spyware"

> However, I've noted a much more serious issue on local XP systems, all

>> of which are legit and pass the MS validity tests with flying colors. >> It appears that even on such systems, the MS tool will now attempt to >> contact Microsoft over the Internet *every time you boot*. At least, >> I'm seeing these contacts on every boot after the tool update so far, >> and I've allowed them to proceed to completion each time. Perhaps it >> stops after some number of boots, but there's no indication of such a >> limit so far. The connections occur even if you do not have Windows >> "automatic update" enabled. > Please get people to investigate further. That's a fairly serious > matter because it deprives you of some privacy. I don't want a third > party tracking me every time I boot, irrespective of whether I want > anything from their network at the time.

I found that one of my computers had rebooted this morning.

Event viewer indicates that a WGA update was done at 3:00 AM, then the update software FORCED a reboot.

The sygate fw popped up two notes, one that said that WGA had updated, and the other one indicating that WGA wanted to contact a Microsoft URL ( at about 3:05 AM ).

Claude

Reply to
Claude J Ortega
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.