Re: Why There Are Questions About GoDaddy

> Godaddy is a reputable registrar. I have three domains registered

>> with them. The don't sell spam address lists or function as a >> spamhaus. >> What led you to jump to this particular conclusion? > Over the last several days Spamcop has blocked a considerable number > of emails to me, which all generated reports to Godaddy as the site > orginating them.

Well, there are two issues with GoDaddy. First, they register a ton of domains, some of which are registered by/for spammers.

Second, they do offer mailing list services. I can resell those services as a WildWestDomains/GoDaddy reseller, but I refuse (I only do TrafficBlazer, domains and SSL certificates). In fact, when I have time over the next couple weeks, I'm going to email GD president Bob Parsons requesting that he drop the email service. It's just way too easy to abuse.

But the question is ... are you seeing emails coming from GoDaddy customers using their mailing list product? Or are you just seeing lots of spam from GoDaddy-registered domains? Both are bad. I'd argue that the former is a lot worse.

JustThe.net - Apple Valley, CA -

formatting link
- 888.480.4NET (4638) Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"The wisdom of a fool won't set you free" --New Order, "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.