Re: What is Net Neutrality all About?

I agree most heartily with your comments. Internet gatekeepers are a sketchy issue, however. Who regulates the regulators? It is important that regulating the internet with gatekeepers does not "throw the baby out with the bathwater", per se. Who ensures that the gatekeepers are regulated?

Your comments on "mob rule" were straight on the point, sir.

-Tim

From: snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com > Subject: Re: What is Net Neutrality all About? > Date: 15 Jun 2006 10:49:09 -0700 > Organization:
formatting link
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Do you agree with all this, or do you > find it just a bit shrill? There are several additional essays in > the collection presented here today, please continue reading. PAT] > No, I don't agree with it. Yes, I do find it shrill. I responded to > a separate issue, here are some more comments: > [snip]
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: People often times praise two long- time netizens for their abilities; one being Vint Cerf and the other being Esther Dyson, in other words, the ICANN people. Maybe -- if we can think out of the box for a few minutes -- an organization like ICANN could handle this 'gatekeeper' function pretty well. Any thoughts? PAT]
Reply to
Tim Scott
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.