Re: VoIP Attracts Small-Business Customers

USTelecom dailyLead said on that big USENET thingie:

* VoIP attracts small-business customers > BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH

Has anyone else heard that some of the VOIP hardware is not fully POTS compatible, in that it sometimes won't support a business phone system? I have heard that some of them are only designed to handle one or two "phones".

Steve

formatting link
for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs, office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte, CA, Minuteman, Brave Products, Fisch, TMC, Panasonic and more Check out
formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Any phone system which can 'grab' or connect to a pair of wires connecting to a VOIP installation works okay. For example, my puny little system: If I dial '9' from any phone, I connect to a landline outside. If I dial '8', I connect to the VOIP adapter and whatever is connected to it. Granted, the VOIP adapter (at least the one I have here) can only serve two lines at one time, but, if it mattered that much to me, I could keep stacking up the VOIP adapter boxes and continue the plug-ins. PAT]

Reply to
support
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.