Re: Visitors Risk Being Shot in Florida

Attention: Visitors Risk Being Shot in Florida

> Welcome to Florida, but avoid arguments or thanks to a new law you run > the risk of getting shot, according to an ad campaign launched by a > gun-control group.

It is important to note that "visitors" risk being shot in any state (and country) since firearms are easy to get just about anywhere (even where heavily regulated or illegal like Washington DC or London England).

Beyond that, the Florida law change isn't just about gun owners, it is about the use of "deadly force". A senior citizen using their walker to fend off a mugger is using deadly force ... Florida isn't the first state to have a law like this; I know that the law in Pennsylvania declares that deadly force may be used in situations where a reasonable person would fear for their life, serious bodily injury, or the same for another (i.e., someone is threatening a spouse with a baseball bat).

BTW: Who is AFP News Wire and why are they using a telecom-digest address (and not their own domain)?

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.

- David

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: AFP is 'Agence France Presse' and it is the 'French equivilent' of our United Press International or Reuters or Associated Press. It is one of the news wires I receive here each day.

The main reason I show their address as '@telecom-digest.org' is because of the terrible spam problem. As with the writers from Reuters and/or Associated Press, they do have email addresses with their organization (which will often times be found camoufloged in the news item at the bottom of the article, etc.) But because all of the news writers/reporters get absolutely eaten alive with spam each day -- same as myself -- one thing I offer all of them is a bogus address at the old honey-pot itself, telecom-digest.org. Its the same as I offer you readers who cannot deal any longer with spam; if you tell me you do not want your address made public -- and assuming I do not screw up as I did with one the other day, I 'assign' you a mailbox in my other favorite domain, '@notchur.biz'. Any of the crapola which comes to somename@telecom- digest.org I just pitch out unread usually. Stuff that winds up at snipped-for-privacy@notchur.biz goes to whoever runs 'notchur.biz' and they get to deal with it, I suppose. I invite any of you to use 'notchur.biz' for unsolicited mail. PAT]

Reply to
David B. Horvath, CCP
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.