Re: Train Passengers - Images Frozen in Time

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You refer to the book as 'Plainview'

> but I do not think that was the correct name. There were two studies, > about fifteen years apart, and the place they referenced was Muncie, > IN, a small town in Indiana and also the home of Ball State University. > (But they did not mention Ball State by name [it would have given away > too many clues] and only wrote in general, statistical terms for the > most part.) The two-part study was intended as a sociological effort > discussing the 'typical' American small town. The town was intended > to remain anonymous, and did so for about twenty years following the > second part of the study in 1954. PAT]

The library catalog has them as:

"Plainview USA" "Plainview, 15 years later"

I believe they picked a small town in Missouri; this town was rather small and poor and I don't think any college was there. I'm pretty sure there was a separate but similar study for Muncie, Indiana called "Middleton".

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.