Re: Phonelabs Dock N Talk vs. Cidco Communications Merge

Richard Davies spake thusly and wrote:

>> I can find several reviews about the Phonlabs Dock N Talk product on CNet, >> but nothing on the Cidco Communications Merge product. Both provide >> solutions for using your cell phone through household wiring. >> Has anyone used either product, and if so, what is your opinion? > We picked up the Dock N Talk (
formatting link
) recently and > so far it is a -0- complaint item. I have not heard about the > other product but will try to get a look at it.

I did a bit of research. The Phonelabs product has a vastly larger list of supported cell phone brands and models, over 1000 now. The other one just works with a handful of Motorolas many of which, like mine, are about obsolete.

With the Dock-n-talk if you switch cell phones you would just need a new cable (unless you went with Bluetooth).

I believe we picked the way better product to sell by choosing Phonelabs. I am ordering one in here to test with the TMC phone systems that we sell. I plan to put it on line 2 and see if I can drop one land line.

Regards,

Steve

formatting link
for firewood splitters, ergonomic chairs, office phone systems, "non-mov" surge protection, Exabyte, CA, Minuteman, Brave Products, Fisch, TMC, Panasonic and more
formatting link
cellphone docking now here!

Reply to
support
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.