Re: Old vs. New Doctors - Communication and Technology

snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com (Lisa Hancock) wrote about Old vs. New Doctors -- Communication and Technology on 8 Feb 2005 14:07:43:

The NYT had a piece comparing old vs. new doctors, and when or if > should a doctor retire. > See: >
formatting link
> My mother used the same doctor for at least 40 years. Her family was > concerned that he was too old (he was in his upper 70s), but my mother > was very comfortable with him and confident. She never quite warmed > up to his "junior" associate and always wanted the "senior" doctor. > We finally convinced her it was time to see "junior" and that he had > proved himself. I went with her and "junior" was now 60 himself, to > my surprise. He came on to the practice many years ago, but my mother > never got over thinking of him as the junior member of the team, still > learning.

When she got into her late 70s, my mother started looking for the youngest physician in the practice. She got tired of having her physician die or retire.

My father always argued that the younger doctors would be more up-to-date. On the other hand, experience counts, too. There may be a medium, and it may even be a happy one.

Reply to
Gordianus Finder
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.